inVision® software technology includes a Remote Operations Dashboard that visualizes critical completion data to help users reduce risk, lower cost, and improve uptime. The real-time, configurable digital display, a virtual Digital Completion Twin™ window into all onsite operations, is accessible on inVision SIMOPS Wellsite Tablets and on desktop computers in the office. Visualizing valve placement, well activity status, and an operational Digital Handshake™ log capturing frac, wireline, and pressure control activity data helps reduce human error and improves decision-making.
The inVision Technology Platform features the robust iHub™ data acquisition and control system. This digital completion technology brain at the wellsite implements inVision processes and operator-driven analytics on the Edge or in the Cloud. iHub technology delivers field-proven data acquisition, storage, bi-directional sync, Edge computing power, and open infrastructure to implement frac, wireline, pressure control data, controls, threshold alerts, and analytical applications.
Roll over any icon in the diagram above to view more information.
The inVision Technology Platform sensors include:
- Valve position sensors enabling digital verification of valve position to eliminate manual visual inspection.
- Valve handle position sensors giving users a visual representation of the wellhead valve alignment by measuring the position of the control valve handle.
- Pressure sensors on pumpdown lines, missiles, and on the back side of each well that detect when frac pressure exceeds frac threshold pressure to prevent users from unlocking the wrong valves.
- Wireline spools that detect the presence of wireline in the well and prevent users from unlocking valves that may cut wireline.
inVision Digital Valve Control™ technology helps mitigate operational risk. The technology integrates a wide variety of sensors, engineered safety controls, and best practices to remotely operate accumulator valves using digitally enhanced standard operating procedures. With this approach, up to 24 wellhead valves can be opened or closed across multiple wells to reduce the risk of human error that can cause catastrophic failures leading to loss of life, injury, and equipment damage. Wellsite personnel exposure to the red zone during frac operations is minimized, and fewer personnel are required onsite to carry out operations. Unique to this technology, Authority Loop™ software processes more than 25,000 safety checks and interlocks on a typical zipper frac operation to create a fail-safe methodology for valve functioning and to reduce well swap times.
The inVision track record of helping to complete more than 50,000 stages without incident has allowed IWS to implement best practices and technology options that can be tailored to each operator’s needs.
When considering digital completions technology to improve performance, insist on these best practices:
- Rig up with proactive safety measures
- Multiple operator and servco personnel can perform better with <1 hr training
- Digital lock-outs/tag-outs fully customized and enhanced standard operating procedures
- Customizable engineered controls with pressure, wireline, and valve position sensors
- Valve position sensors with unlock sequencing
- Digital Completion Twin visualization and a Digital Handshake approval process
- Customizable displays: well control state, all servco data, activity identification, etc.
- Remote operations with a customized dashboard showing real-time job and data visuals
- Digital standard operating procedure (SOP) compliance
- Consistent meta/data model with time series data regardless of third-party vendor
Compare the difference our proven inVision Technology Platform best practices can make to your completion operations, and you’ll see significant risk reduction, lower cost, and improved uptime.